Join now - be part of our community!

a600 Camera digital Zoom option does not work or display with the Sony 55-210mm lens.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
caz2018
Explorer

a600 Camera digital Zoom option does not work or display with the Sony 55-210mm lens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @caz2018,

please check if the "Clear Image Zoom" is turned on in the settings: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1640/v1/en/contents/TP0001306086.html

- Nic

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Are you using one of these modes?

Zoom functions other than the optical zoom are not available when shooting in the following situations:
[Sweep Panorama]
[Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [Smile Shutter]
[Quality] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG]

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
caz2018
Explorer

Hi, I am on full manual and jpeg. The Digital zoom works fine with the Sony 16-50mm kit lens. I hoped it would with the Sony 55-210mm, but I guess there may be no electronics in the 55-210mm to be compatable with the digital zoom feature. The 16-50mm has OSS and auto zoom. The 55-210mm is manual zoom,

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
caz2018
Explorer

Hi,

When using the 16-50mm kit lens with auto zoom, and the Zoom settings at either Clear Image Zoom or Digital Zoom in the viewfinder when zooming the lens, I get the zoom display respectively up to 2x or 4x zoom.  I am using the camera on manual.

Irrelevant of what zoom setting the camera has been changed to using the 55-210mm manual zoom lens, I get no display come up at all to indicate that the camera is able to utilise the 2x or 4x digital zoom option. So I guess the manual 55-210mm lens is not compatable with this feature? This is whatever mode the camera is in, P, AV, S or M.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No? :thinking:

"To use Clear Image Zoom with manual zoom lenses such as the OP's 55-210, you need to activate the Zoom function. You can allocate one of the custom buttons to the "Zoom" function. I reprogram the center button from "Standard" which is simply AF activation (same as shutter half press) to the Zoom function. On pressing, a dialog graph appears and you use the scroll wheel to increase or decrease the amount of zoom from 1x to 2x."

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
caz2018
Explorer

I have been directed to the answer to another user, back in 2014. As suspected, the 55-210mm manual lense dose not have the electronics in the form of a power zoom button. 

All answered now thanks! 

profile.country.GB.title
caz2018
Explorer

Thanks for finding the answer! 

All understood now.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Excuse me, I understood only now what exactly you were wondering... :dizzy:

Manolo